Fresno is a city in Central California, United States.
Fresno is in the center of the San Joaquin Valley and is the largest city in the Central Valley.
Map of Fresno, California
City of Fresno, California
Points of interest in the City of Fresno:
– Forestiere Underground Gardens
The Forestiere Underground Gardens are a complex of underground gardens and rooms.
Forestiere Underground Gardens
– Fresno Chaffee Zoo
Fresno Chaffee Zoo Map
– Fresno Art Museum
Fresno Art Museum
– Fulton Mall
– African American Museum of the San Joaquin Valley
– Arte Américas
Arte Américas is the largest Latino cultural center in the Central Valley of California.
– Discovery Center
– Fresno Metropolitan Museum of Art and Science
Fresno Metropolitan Museum of Art and Science
– Kearney Mansion Museum
Kearney Mansion Museum
– Legion of Valor Museum
Legion of Valor Museum
– Meux Home Museum
Meux Home Museum
– Old Fresno Water Tower Tourist Center
Old Fresno Water Tower Tourist Center
Arts and Music:
– Artists’ Repertory Theatre
– Children’s Musical Theaterworks
– Center State Productions
– Fresno Grand Opera
– Fresno Philharmonic
– Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater and 2nd Space Theatre (Good Company Players)
– Youth Orchestras of Fresno.
– Azteca Theater
– Crest Theatre
– Liberty Theatre – currently Victory Church
– Saroyan Theatre
– Tower Theatre
– Warnors Theatre
– Wilson Theatre
– Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium
Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium
- Annual Events:
– Big Fresno Fair;
– Central California Rib Cook-Off;
– Central California Taco Truck Throwdown;
– Cinco de Mayo at Fulton Mall;
– Christmas Tree Lane;
– Fall Wine Cornucopia;
– Fiestas Patrias at Fulton Mall;
– Fresno Bike Party;
– Fresno County Blossom Trail;
– Fresno Film Festival;
– Fresno Greek Fest;
– Fresno Swede Film Festival (Swede Fest);
– Fresno Urban Sound Experience;
– Miss California Pageant;
– Rev Fest;
– Rogue Performing Arts Festival;
– Sudz in the City;
– Tri-Tip Cook-Off;
– Woodward Shakespeare Festival.
– Fresno State’s Farm Market.
Where you can find products as fresh cheese, ice cream and wine. If you’re looking for a souvenir of the San Joaquin Valley, try the Sierra Nut House, for dried fruit, nuts, jams & jellies, coffees and teas.
– The Vineyard Farmer’s Market is the largest and most extensive of the farmer’s markets in the area.
The Vineyard Farmer’s Market
– Riverpark Shopping Center is the most popular shopping center and hangout in the city of Fresno. Contains Edwards Movie Theatres, the famous Dai Bai Dang Chinese restaurant, Lowes, Sam’s Club, Barnes & Noble and Pier 1 Imports, Target and many more stores.
Riverpark Shopping Center
River Park Plaza contains many popular chain restaurants, including The Elephant Bar, Tony Roma’s, Logans Steak House, Yoshino’s Sushi House and Hooters.
The Tower District has a large concentration and a diverse offering of local establishments (http://www.towerdistrict.org/).
There are also many notable restaurants sprinkled elsewhere throughout the Fresno area as:
– Dai Bai Dang
Dai Bai Dang
– Thai House
– Tahoe Joe’s
There is a wide range of hotels, for example:
– Courtyard Fresno
– Vagabond Inn Fresno
– Residence Inn Fresno
– Homewood Suites
– La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Hotel California