San Jose is a city located in California. Positioned in the northern part of the state in the Bay Area, it is often known as “The Capital of Silicon Valley“.
San Jose is an expensive place to live. In San Jose’s downtown area, for those who prefer urban living, or Santana Row for a mixed living, shopping and dining community. Evergreen is in East San Jose. Evergreen has some more affordable housing and is very residential. It has excellent views of the foothills and many parks and recreational areas. Groseprick Park is located right in the heart of Evergreen.
View of the city San Jose
An aerial view of downtown San Jose
Points of interest in the City of San Jose:
– The Tech Museum (Museum of Science and Technology)
The Tech Museum
– San Jose Museum of Art
San Jose Museum of Arte
– San Jose City Hall
City Hall Of San Jose
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
– San José Museum of Quilts and Textiles
San José Museum of Quilts and Textiles
– Winchester Mystery House
Winchester Mystery House
– Santana Row
A “European style” village of shops, restaurants and high priced condos, with hotels and great nightlife.
– Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum and Planetarium
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
Japantown is a portion of San Jose, California.
San Jose’s Japantown
– Willow Glen
Willow Glen is charming shopping.
– San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
– Heritage Rose Garden
Heritage Rose Garden
– Alum Rock Park
Alum Rock Park
– Amusement Parks:
- California’s Great America
- Raging Waters
– Improv Comedy Club;
– ComedySportz San Jose.
– San Jose Repertory Theater
– Opera San Jose
– Children’s Musical Theater San Jose
– Teatro Visión
– Ballet San Jose
– San Jose Jazz Festival;
– San Jose Metro Fountain Blues Festival;
– Music in the Park;
– Starlight Cinemas;
– Downtown Ice;
– 5 de Mayo.
– Valley Fair: One of the largest shopping malls in Northern California.
– Santana Row: A “European style” village of shops, restaurants and high priced condos, with hotels and great nightlife.
– Oakridge Mall: Is a mall with several offers.
– Berryessa Flea Market.
– Moon Zooom: Is a vintage clothing store from the 50, 60, 70 and 80 in San Jose.
– Fry’s Electronics.
Coffee and Restaurants:
San Jose has a full range of dining options, from restaurants specializing with American food, Mexican, Italian, Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Vegetarian, African and Middle Eastern and other cultures.
For example the restaurant:
– Gordon Biersch Restaurant Brewery
– Sonoma Chicken Coop
– Bill’s Cafe
There is a wide range of hotels, for example:
– Crowne Plaza Hotel
– Hotel De Anza
– The Fairmont San Jose
– Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
– Hilton San Jose
– Sainte Claire Hotel
– San Jose Marriott