Long Beach is a large coastal and port city in Southern California. It is situated bordering both the city of Los Angeles and Orange County, in a region known as the Gateway Cities.
Long Beach is recognized as one of the most culturally diverse cities in America and encompasses large industrial areas, struggling neighborhoods, quiet middle-class communities and exclusive neighborhoods.
Long Beach is the venue of tourist attractions as a world-class aquarium and the Queen Mary floating museum/hotel.
Long Beach California
Long Beach at night
Points of interest in the City Long Beach:
– Aquarium of the Pacific
Aquarium of the Pacific
– Queen Mary
Several different tours of the ship are offered. The Queen Mary also boasts a hotel, several restaurants and a shopping promenade. General Admission includes ghosts and legends tour, self-guided Queen Mary Shipwalk tour and access to all open exhibit areas.
– Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden
Is a Japanese garden with a traditional tea house and ponds.
Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden
– Long Beach Museum of Art
A small art museum featuring 20th Century art and decorative pieces with a focus on California artists.
– Rancho Los Cerritos Historic Adobe
– Naples Island
– Long Beach Firefighter’s Museum
– Rancho Los Alamitos Museum
– Museum of Latin American Art
Museum of Latin American Art
Activities in Long Beach City:
The main activities for tourists:
– Gondola Getaway (Romantic gondola boat ride along the canals in Naples);
– Catalina Express (Boat service to Catalina Island);
– Long Beach State Athletics;
– Belmont Plaza Pool;
– Long Beach Performing Arts Center (Performances of International City Theatre, Long Beach symphony orchestra and other events);
– El Dorado Park West;
– El Dorado East Regional Park (Very large recreation park with bike paths, playgrounds and ponds);
– El Dorado Park Nature Center;
The city of Long Beach has countless events, however we highlight the following:
– Long Beach Grand Prix;
– Gay Pride Festival;
– Long Beach Sea Festival;
– Grecian Festival;
– Long Beach Blues Festival (Outdoor jazz and blues festival featuring big name artists as Etta James, Los Lobos and Black Crowes);
– Long Beach International Marathon;
– Belmont Car Show (The largest one day car show on the West Coast);
– Haute Dog Easter Parade (Annual Parade featuring dogs in costume).
Commercialization of the main centers of the city of Long Beach is:
– Belmont Shore (Bars, restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques, and national store outlets such as the Gap, Banana Republic, Buffalo Exchange and Vans);
– East 4th (Clothing shops, furniture shops and an Independent movie theater, the Art Theatre);
– Los Altos Shopping Center;
– Shoreline Village is a shopping with restaurants e very entertainment.
Formerly known as “Iowa by the Sea”, but now populated by a diverse community. Long Beach has a full range of dining options, from restaurants specializing in American food, Mexican, Italian, Japanese and other cultures. For example the restaurant Gladstone’s Long Beach and Sushi Studio.
Gladstone’s Long Beach
There is a wide range of hotels, examples are:
– Best Western of Long Beach
The Best Western Hotel is situated near the Long Beach Marina in Long Beach, California.
The resort hotel exudes calm and located a few meters from the golf course, beaches and virtually all trade. Hotels Guests have convenient access to the famous Queen Mary and Aquarium of the Pacific.
The Best Western Hotel- Long Beach
– Vagabond Inn Long Beach
Located just one block from the beach, Vagabond Inn Long Beach is in the perfect location for your business or leisure getaways.
This location is a convenient place to meet your needs.
Vagabond Inn Long Beach